18 August 2008

Okay, I admit it,....

I caved. I surrendered to the Dark Side. I can no longer sneer at console owners. I am one.

I've bought an Xbox 360.

But there was a reason (not temporary insanity): too many good games either out already, or coming out soon, that are console only: GTA IV (and yes, I know there's a PC version coming in the next few months -- I didn't know that when I ordered the Xbox), Force Unleashed, Fable II, and Fracture, just to name a few.

And I really like being able to go into EB Games, and look at two walls of the shop :-P

Do I think PC gaming is dying? No. The PC is too versatile, and my experience with Perfect Dark Zero leads me to the conclusion that first-person shooters are still better on a PC (mouse and WASD beats analog joysticks). And games like Spore and "proper" flight sims are still PC-only.

No comments:

Labels

gaming (32) youtube (12) internet (11) academia (7) xbox (7) gamedev (6) politics (6) Dungeons and Dragons (5) aviation (5) driving (5) family (5) law (5) movies (5) retro (5) star wars (5) RPG (4) health (4) holiday (4) books (3) copyright (3) doctor who (3) music (3) PC (2) flight sim (2) food and drink (2) journalism (2) armageddon (1) earthquake (1) football (1) language (1) parenting (1) pets (1) tattoos (1)